Kernow Positive Support
STOP PRESS | charity details
help line | peer support | hardship fund | welfare rights advice | therapeutic services | newsletter | training
service user group | eddystone trust | positive action south west | torbay pride support | pash | drug projects
service user group | eddystone trust | positive action south west | torbay pride support | pash | drug projects
royal cornwall hospital - truro GUM clinic | derriford hospital - plymouth GUM clinic | health promotion service
haemophilia | hiv publications | hiv support | grant giving | respite & retreat | online support | hepC support
hiv - the facts | welfare rights assistance | hiv - travel insurance | sexual orientation issues | 24hr help
drop-in services | retreat centre
our help line | subglobal8 link | subglobal8 link | subglobal8 link | subglobal8 link | subglobal8 link | subglobal8 link


hardship & other grant giving


The KPS Grant System

You can apply to KPS for a grant if you are HIV-positive and live in Cornwall. The Bill Sloan Hardship Fund, also know as The Peace of Mind Fund, information on this hardship fund can be found by clicking on the button adjacent. You can apply to the HIV Link Social Worker or your local social services department for a KPS ASG Grant for respite and special needs. Further information on these grants are available in a downloadable Acrobat PDF leaflet by clicking here. KPS is a referral agent for THT and can apply on your behalf to their grant giving initiative. Further information about THT can be found below.


Terrence Higgins Trust (London)
52-54 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8JU
Tel: 020 78121600 Fax: 020 7242 0121
THT Direct Tel: 0845 1221200 (2pm-5pm)
(Mon & Wed 3pm-9pm. Tue 3pm-6pm)
THT HIV Helpline Tel: 020 7242 1010 (12am-10pm Every day)

By clicking here you can find out how to apply THT for a grant through a local referral agent. Why not also take a look at a recent report from National AIDS Trust about how HIV is driving people into extreme poverty here in the UK. To download an Acrobat PDF copy click on the graphic adjacent. You may be able to apply for a THT grant via your HIV support group, as they may be a referral agent for THT grants.


Community Care Grants

If you receive Employment Support Allowance, you may be entitled to a Community Care Grant. For Further details, contact your local Social Services (Council). Alternatively, contact your local HIV support group for more details.

You can view KPS' information on this benefit, with downloadable PDF forms by clicking here or on the Community Care Grants button adjacent.


Tcell - Grants Information

An independant information Website 'Tcell' that gives benefit advice and grants information available for those living with HIV. Click here.


other help

Kernow Positive Support can also help to assist in the purchase of mini-fridges for clients who require refridgeration for drugs whereby, it is unsuitable for them to use their domestic fridge for storage. Typically, these mini-fridges are of the type available from stores such as Argos. Also, this will allow KPS to supply 'Brita Filter' style jugs, for those clients vulnerable and concerned regarding the medical need for purified drinking water. Although, funding for these items are currently limited.

About Us | Terms of use | Contact Us | ©2004 Kernow Positive Support